AP World History Teacher
AP World History Teacher
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for AP World History Teacher for the 2022-23 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a World History teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students world history as a means to develop global perspectives and understand how and why historical events happened.
World History teachers cover a wide variety of topics focused on the five major geographical regions of the globe. Focuses include cultures, economic systems, social structures, and major historical events. Topics related to the AP World History exam will also be covered. World History teachers are able to collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to tie in lessons with what students are learning in other subjects, such as music and art. Our World History teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in World History.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor's degree in History, World History, or related field; or a degree in Elementary/Secondary Education with additional course work (24-30 credit hours) in History.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 1819836