|Office:||BASIS International Shenzhen|
|Location:||Nanshan District, Shenzhen|
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for Art/Photography Teacher for the 2019/2020 school year!
The mission of BASIS International Schools is to provide our students with a transformative early childhood and K-12 education.
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an Art/Photography Teacher it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students how to use different artistic media and techniques, both as an academic pursuit and as a means of self-expression.
Our Art teachers delve deeply into different types and styles of art, techniques, and media. This position will also have a strong photography portion and will teach an elective photography class. Ultimately, the Art Teacher’s goal is to equip students to be able to mine meaning from any artwork they encounter throughout their lives, and to appreciate art and photography in different ways.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare subject specific lessons in Art and Photography for high school aged students.
2. Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
3. Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
4. Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
5. Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
6. Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Art or related field; or a degree in Elementary/Secondary Education with additional course work, or special certification for Art teaching
o Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching. Experience with Adobe Photoshop is strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 935632