Dean of Students - Early Years
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking a Dean of Early Years for the 2021-22 school year!
BASIS International Schools is a dynamic, growing network of schools in China and Thailand. Our teachers and administrators are treated as true professionals, and given the freedom to teach in their own way to best benefit their students. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers and administrators motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. The Dean of Students manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. Outstanding interpersonal skills are crucial to this position in developing relationships with students, parents, and with our community through enrollment events. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Support teachers in parent and student communication
- Monitor student arrival and dismissal
- Review progress reports and mid-grading period reports with Division Heads
- Manage the Student Support program under the direction of the Division Head
- Academic Support coordination (including monitoring activities related to individualized academic plans, AE classes, non-teaching duties of Teaching Fellows)
- Manage student discipline records and parent communications related to academic performance and behavioral expectations
- Support procedures for student conduct issues
- Support creation of safe and positive school and community environment
- Support and attend school enrollment events
- Organize and execute student academic and behavioral support (as necessary)
- Support procedures or extreme behavior occurrences
- Support parents with students’ overall well-being
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Academic support responsibilities (evaluating grade data with Division Head)
- Chaperone dances
- Coordinate Homework Buddy
- Coordinate Peer Tutoring
- Attend field trips
- Monitor student behavior in parking lot during dismissal
- Monitor afternoon bus departure
Bachelors required, Master’s preferred
3-5 years’ experience in a school setting
Benefits & Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and based upon education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, housing allowance, travel allowance, and more.
Job Reference #: 1409638