Dean of Students - Middle School
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is seeking a Dean of Middle School to begin during the 2021-22 school year.
The primary focus of this role is personalized student support, including behavioral, academic, and pastoral under the direction of the Division Head.
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. The Dean of Students manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Review progress reports and mid-grading period reports with Division Heads
- Manage the Student Academic Support program under the direction of the Division Head
- Organize and execute student academic support as necessary
- Academic support responsibilities
- Monitor student arrival and dismissal
- Organize and execute student behavioral support as necessary
- Support procedures for student conduct issues
- Support creation of a safe and positive school and community environment
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Chaperone dances
- Attend field trips
- Support teachers in parent and student communication
- Manage student discipline records and parent communications related to academic performance and behavioral expectations
- Support parents with students’ overall well-being
Bachelors required, Master’s preferred
3-5 years’ experience in a school setting
Benefits & Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and based upon education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, housing allowance, travel allowance, retirement benefit and more.