Dean of Students - Primary
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking a Dean of Primary School to begin during the 2020-21 school year.
The primary focus of this role is personalized student support, including behavioral, academic, and pastoral under the direction of the Division Head.
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. The Dean of Students manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Support creation of a safe and positive school and community environment
- Support teachers in parent and student communication
- Collaborate with the school psychologist on the school’s Health and Well-being curriculum
- Monitor student arrival and dismissal
- Review progress reports and mid-grading period reports with Division Heads
- Manage the Student Support program under the direction of the Division Head
- Manage student discipline records and parent communications related to academic performance and behavioral expectations
- Support parents with students’ overall well-being
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Chaperone dances
- Coordinate Homework Buddy
- Coordinate Peer Tutoring
- Attend field trips
Bachelors required, Master’s preferred
3-5 years’ experience in a school setting
Benefits & Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and based upon education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, housing allowance, travel allowance, and more.
Job Reference #: 1191486