BASIS International School Nanjing is seeking qualified candidates for a Kindergarten (Early Education) Teacher for the 2023 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our Kindergarten classrooms are taught by two teachers--the lead Kindergarten Teacher and an additional Kinder Teaching Fellow. The Kinder Teaching Fellow supports the learning of students and supplements the instruction of the lead teacher.
In a BASIS International Kindergarten teaching position, you will create a learning environment where learning is a joyful and rewarding experience, and children learn to become enthusiastic, life-long learners. The thematic, hands-on, and content rich curriculum creates a foundation for children to build upon in the elementary grades. Our early education teachers are guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lay foundations for the joy of learning to set students up for success with the challenging curriculum in the elementary grades.
- Begin helping students develop skills of autonomy, responsibility, and independence.
- Implementation of the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for learning and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
A Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education, Early Learning, Childhood Development, or other related field and the ability to successfully pass a background clearance. Must have a minimum of 2 full years of teaching experience.
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 2260438