Music Teacher-Middle School
Music Teacher-Middle School
BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan is seeking qualified candidates for a Middle School Music Teacher for the 2023 school year!
BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan will open in September 2023. Our first campus in Hubei province, faculty and students will enjoy state of the art facilities, including spacious classrooms, gymnasiums, multiple performance spaces, science labs, a swimming pool, student dorms, and much more. The school will open with Grades Pre-K - 9 to begin, and will grow to become a Pre-K - Grade 12 school.
Our network has continued to grow with BASIS International Schools Park Lane Harbour and Hangzhou opened in 2018, BASIS International School Nanjing in 2019, and our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, in 2020. We are continuing to expand and grow into new cities and seeking talented educators to grow with us!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Music Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, which in turn will enable students to think both critically and creatively about the role of music in the human experience, and also as a form of self-expression.
Music teachers lay a foundation for a life-long love of, and appreciation for, music by introducing basic melodic and rhythmic concepts, instrument types and families, vocal posture and breathing, and numerous other topics and skills. Music teachers also have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to bring music into history, technology, and other areas to provide further context and enhanced learning for students. Our teachers are encouraged to bring their own passion into the classroom and share with students in an enthusiastic and innovative way to produce extraordinary outcomes.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Music for Middle School students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons and incorporate music as a part of other areas of knowledge.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Music or Music Education; in addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching. Practical experience in performing, composing, or recording music is strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 2211001