|Office:||BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour|
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for a Physics Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Physics teacher, you will build upon foundations laid in the middle grades to give students a more in-depth understanding of Physics and prepare them for future AP testing. Topics covered include Newtonian mechanics, work, energy, mechanical waves and sound, and introductory, simple circuits. Student-guided labs will give students hands on experience and learning opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare subject specific lessons in Physics.
2. Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
3. Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
4. Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
5. Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
6. Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
A Bachelor’s degree and ability to successfully pass a background clearance. In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 925638