Primary Drama Teacher
Primary Drama Teacher
|Office:||BASIS International School Bangkok|
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for Primary Drama Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our primary classrooms are taught by two teachers--one Subject Expert Teacher (SET) and one Learning Expert Teacher (LET).
BASIS International Primary Subject Expert Teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. They work collaboratively with Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. At the primary level, LETs help you focus on instruction while they ensure individual student understanding according to student needs. As a Drama Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students drama and theater as a form of self-expression, story-telling, and the ability of drama to help shape our communities and society.
Primary Drama Teachers lay a foundation by incorporating theater vocabulary, history, technology, stage design, and movement. Students learn to tell stories with and without words, self-expression through drama, and how to perform for an audience. Teachers are able to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to tie in lessons with what students are learning in other subjects. Our Drama Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Drama for primary school-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International School teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor's degree in Drama or Elementary/Primary Education with additional course work, or special certification in Drama
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance
Preferred: Experience in the theater arts, acting, or running youth theater classes
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 838588