BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan is seeking qualified candidates for an Elementary STEAM Teacher for the 2023 school year!
BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan will open in September 2023. Our first campus in Hubei province, faculty and students will enjoy state of the art facilities, including spacious classrooms, gymnasiums, multiple performance spaces, science labs, a swimming pool, student dorms, and much more. The school will open with Grades Pre-K - 9 to begin, and will grow to become a Pre-K - Grade 12 school.
Our network has continued to grow with BASIS International Schools Park Lane Harbour and Hangzhou opened in 2018, BASIS International School Nanjing in 2019, and our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, in 2020. We are continuing to expand and grow into new cities and seeking talented educators to grow with us!
BASIS International Elementary STEAM Teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. As an STEAM Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem solving in science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
Elementary STEAM teachers stimulate and encourage students’ natural curiosity while teaching foundational engineering and design concepts. You will also help students to make the connections between different subjects and learn how to apply the concepts they have learned to different situations. Teachers have the freedom to present and teach the concepts in their own way, and are encouraged to bring a creative and fresh approach to the classroom. Students beginning in Kindergarten learn about simple and complex machines, design constraints, design modification, and ultimately, how engineering helps to solve problems, while also learning how to apply knowledge to solve problems. A teacher’s passion can spark a lifetime of interest and learning, and we encourage our teachers to allow their enthusiasm for their subject to inspire their students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in STEAM for elementary aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
A Bachelor’s degree and ability to successfully pass a background clearance. In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 2210537