BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for an Athletic Director to start August 2023!
The Athletic Director at BASIS International School Bangkok plays a key role in creating and managing the physical education and extra-curricular sports programs for the school. Primary outcomes include effective application of physical education within the broader curriculum, instilling a wellness mindset within students and creating a meaningful and effective sports program across disciplines and divisions of the school to provide experiences for students to participate in quality competition and character development. Sports may include football (soccer), basketball, volleyball, swimming, badminton, and other competitive sports.
Main Job Responsibilities:
Establish Sports Programs and Participation in Competitions
- Determine suitable range of school teams that represent the school in sufficient sports. This may be in partnership with third-party sports affiliations or ECA providers.
- Establish participation in appropriate sports leagues.
- Liaise with and arrange sports meetings with other schools, either directly or through participation in broader leagues.
- Ensure all arrangements made are agreed with by senior leadership, and appropriately communicated with all necessary staff for logistics, supervision and safety.
- Monitor after school sports-related activities in terms of quality of provision.
- Offer constructive training, development and support to fellow coaches.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations on all aspects of operating a successful sports program.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations in planning Summer, Holiday and weekend Sports programs.
Oversee safety of sports participation
- Liaise with the Head of Operations to ensure there is suitable supervision of and transport for the children participating in sports programs on campus or at other facilities.
- Implement robust health and safety plans and expectations for programs.
Direct sports facilities and maintain equipment to fulfill purpose of sports programs
- Coordinate the purchase, reconditioning and storage of athletic equipment.
- Confirm the availability of sports equipment that is needed for an extramural game.
- Verify the eligibility of all athletes.
Performs other related duties as needed including teaching physical education classes, coaching after-school sports teams, run after- school and weekend sports events, etc.
Characteristics and Traits
- Results oriented - takes ownership of driving to specific outcomes
- Planning and execution - proactive in formulating plans with detailed arrangements and ensuring plans are fulfilled.
- Relationship focused - able to form positive relationships within and outside the school.
- Professionalism - treats students, faculty and operations staff with professionalism and fairness, always being mindful of school’s reputation and represent it accordingly.
- Flexibility - ability to adjust to situations to arrive at most optimal outcomes aligned with school and program purposes.
- 5+ years of experience with school-based sports programs.
- 2+ years of experience of full leadership oversight of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Sound understanding of the characteristics of a quality sports program and how to arrive at the intended outcomes.
- Complete knowledge of health and safety requirements and practices for schools
Benefits & Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and based upon education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, housing allowance, travel allowance, and more.
Job Reference #: 2295693