Thai Language and Culture Teacher
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for Thai Language and Culture Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Thai Language and Culture teacher, you will have the opportunity to share your own passion for, and knowledge of aspects of Thai history and culture as well as teach Thai Language. Topics covered include historical events and context, geography, architecture, culture, reading and writing in Thai, and more. Teachers are encouraged to present material as they see fit to achieve clearly defined goals. A student's life-long interest can be sparked by a teacher's passion for their subject, and we support our teachers in presenting concepts in a way that is exciting for both themselves and their students.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Thai History and Culture and direct language instruction.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- A minimum Bachelor's degree in Education
- Must have a current Thai teaching license
- Minimum two years experience as a lead teacher required
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits packages, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 1159689